Monday 8 April 2013

A sister with cancer needs your support asap.


Update: 14th April 2013

Alhamdulillah the sr has now had her operation to remove the tumor in her throat and is in recovery. I will keep you updated with her progress as soon as I get news Insha'Allah.
Please remember her and the family in your duas. We raised £400 through your kind donations.


Assalaamu alaykum,


Subhan'Allah, a few years ago cancer was something that seemed at the time to be hereditary. Maybe we even knew someone who had cancer, but  now it seems that we can almost guarantee that we know someone very close who has survived it or returned to Allah. Either way it's a very testing time for everyone involved, especially the one who is suffering. Pain after pain, tears, treatment, hospitals, the list is endless.

As difficult as it is if, like me, you are living in the West then in that way we are very fortunate Alhamdulillah.
Having cancer is not fortunate but having access to free treatment is. For whatever reason when we are ill then help is only a phone call away.
Yes we may have to wait an hour or a few days to see the doctor but when you consider how much hardships so many face around the world who have no access to such luxuries then we should thank Allah everyday for everything.

When I first reverted many years ago, Allah blessed me with a very special sister and her family who lived beside us. She helped me with any need that I had. Masha'Allah we became very close and even writing this brings tears to my eyes just thinking of her. She became very sick and they discovered that she had Leukemia. Sadly she returned to Allah and at the time I was upset as they had moved far away and I didn't get the time to visit her before that, but now I realise it was better as I can remember her for the beauty that she had and not seeing her with no hair and with tubes going into her body etc. Alhamdulillah I still keep in touch with the family as she had 6 beautiful children who I miss dearly but haven't seen for around 15 years Subhan'Allah and even though it was a relatively short friendship ( in this life) it was a part of my journey that will stay in my heart until I myself return to Allah.
I always ask Allah to renunite us together with our families and may He grant our wishes to be side by side as we were in this temporary life. Ameen.

The reason for this appeal is that I know a sister in my community who's Aunty has a tumor on the throat.
As you can imagine she is in so much pain and they would like to remove the tumor to stop the risk of spreading but, the Aunty lives in Egypt. They have no access to free treatment for this and the family is working very hard to find the £5000 to fund this much needed operation but because it's such a large amount they are finding it difficult. As I said, we are very fortunate that we do not have to pay so I am asking for donations to help ease their urgent need.



On the authority of Abu Hurairah (Radhiallaho anha) that the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said:

“Whosoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Judgment. Whosoever alleviates [the lot of] a needy person, Allah will alleviate [his lot] in this world and the next. Whosoever shields a Muslim, Allah will shield him in this world and the next. Allah will aid a slave [of His] so long as the slave aids his brother. Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, but tranquillity and peace descends upon them, mercy envelopes them, the angels surround them, and Allah makes mention of them amongst those who are with Him. And whosoever is slowed down by his actions will not be hastened forward by his lineage.”

Related by Muslim in these words.


As we know, giving sadaqa fi sabil Illah does not decrease our wealth, infact it increases it. Please give any amount you are able by donating via Paypal to mekkaouis@yahoo.com. You can click on the Paypal button above right to make this easier.
Who knows (but Allah) that this appeal could be the one deed that you will need on a day when we will wish that we helped everyone who asked instead of worrying that we will be left with little money Subhan'Allah. Please share too so that others become aware of this families need.

Remember 'Don't let Hasanaat pass you by'


I ask Allah from my heart to firstly guide all my family to His perfect deen, cure all the sick believers , release all the oppressed and forgive us all for our shortcomings, accept our sadaqa and purify us from sins and return to Him free from shirk and disbelief at a time that He is pleased with us. Ameen
Fi aman Illah






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

On behalf of The Association of Muslim Sisters in Morocco

All Praise is for Allah alone Update 05/03/2018 Alhamdulillah so grateful to Allah for allowing us to contribute to this project ...